General Data Protection Regulation comes into effect in the United Kingdom from May 25th 2018.
Denmark Road Surgery has now updated our privacy notice and can be viewed by clicking on the link below:
The update information provided in this privacy notice is line with General Data Protection Regulation, and it relates to how Denmark Road Surgery makes use of your data, while ensuring privacy during processing. This notice provides information on this as well as the following:
- How we use your medical records.
- Denmark Road Surgery handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record / ECS.
- We may / do share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research following consent from patient.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.